Friday, October 21, 2011

There are days and then there are days....

Yesterday I had a new client start at daycare. His name is Austin and he is a Shiba Inu. A very cute 9 month old. However he is not crate trained and according to his co owner Amy only knows sit.

Well one thing Austin knows is how to bolt out of the gate and bolt he did early on his first day. Now the other dogs know that I am the treat lady and that all the fun happens when you head down the bulkhead and into the basement, but Austin thought there might be more fun elsewhere. So off he went and believing that he could walk on water.... he started right across the fish pond. Well guess what he couldn't walk on water nor could he swim. Luckily for Austin there was a net on the fish pond which keeps the Night Herons from eating my very expensive Koi. It also kept Austin only partly submerged. I wish I had my camera with me because the look on his face was priceless!! I swear to god if he could have spoken at that moment it would have been what the ----! Any way one wet puppy was lifted out of the pond and deposited downstairs wet but otherwise apparently not phased by the unexpected swim.

A few minutes later Bailey walked over to the full 2gallon bucket put her paw into it and tipped it over all over the floor. Now I could have been totally pissed off but thought to myself what the hell, I had bought a bucket with 2 hooks to secure the bucket from potential disaster but did I do that? No and to Bailey it was a fun game... to watch the water spill out all over the floor. So I grabbed a bath towel to wipe up the spill and despite Margaux's help I started to mop up the water only to look over and watch Bailey look at me, squat and pee right on the floor!!! The quart of water that she couldn't spill on the floor. Thank god she isn't a parrot because she would have gone home spouting the words "why you little S--t! laughing while she said this. After all how many times did I clean up pee in the fitting rooms at macy's and they were people who knew better.

No comments:

Post a Comment