Monday, September 22, 2014

Day Three,

How appropriate that day three should start just before 3 am. I thought that Tipper might be more comfortable in the giant crate but just before three she woke me crying.

I took her out and she did a few big pee's. She does not like the sling helping her up the stairs but I don't want the good knee to be fatigued. So I'm making her suffer through the humiliation of not making it up the stairs under her own power.

I returned her to the crate and she was quiet for a few minutes and began to whimper. While technically this was day three. She is  really only 36 hours post op, since surgery was late afternoon on Monday.

Having suffered through ankle surgery and multiple broken bones, I know the pain first hand and so I got her up and lifted her onto my bed. She settled very quickly and slept until 6am. The bandage will come off today and we will start some massage and very gentle flexing. not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment