Friday, February 10, 2012

Farewell

After 7 weeks Alex bids Sit Stay and Play goodbye. He went home to his full time mother and and his playmates Libby and Hilde.

Letting him go was a little like the loss of a pet. I cleaned out his crate in daycare, washed his bed and replaced it with a clean bed, although I couldn't bring myself to remove his name from his crate. Removing the duct tape with his name seemed a little  too permanent an act. I went upstairs and without even giving it a thought grabbed his food dish and filled it before I remembered that he was no longer here. The entire day brought back visions of past loved ones.An afternoon filled with the memory of lost loves. Alex has a personality larger than life and I couldn't begin to list his wild personality traits.... he is a beautiful amazing dog and anyone who has ever had the opportunity to meet and spend time with Alex is all the better for it! Next time I see him I hope to give the big "dumb ass" a hug for his championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment